Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicycle Accident Claim Lawyer
As more and more of us try to be more green about the way we travel, we've seen cities respond with more dedicated bike lanes, signal lights directed at bicyclists, and an emphasis on awareness for drivers towards bicyclists. However, even with all these advancements, thousands of bike riders suffer serious injuries and even death from accidents while riding their bikes every year. There are a number of reasons why, from other driver's not seeing riders, distracted driving, driver's becoming impatient with bike riders, and just the very nature of a vehicle vs. bike accident. When an accident occurs the injuries are likely to be worse for the rider than if they were in a car.
Our experienced bicycle injury attorneys understand these cases and the often unique facts that can be present. Just like with a regular auto accident, the insurance company will try and blame the rider for the entire accident, if not a large percentage of it. That's why it's important to hire a skilled bike injury lawyer that will fight aggressively to achieve a fair settlement for your injuries.
Why are bicycle accident injuries so severe?
Bicycles or bikes, are designed to be light and compact, which is a problem when an accident occurs, especially when it's with a car or truck.
- There is no metal surrounding you to absorb a collision. There are no front or side airbags, no seatbelts, no bumpers, and no trunk or back seat space to absorb a collision. Instead the rider takes a direct hit and is either thrown from the bike or trapped between another vehicle or object.
- Bicycles aren't much more than a frame, and thus, accidents, even at slower speeds, can cause serious injury to the rider or cause them to be thrown off and hit the pavement.
- It's harder for other vehicles to see bicyclists, leaving them open to accidents that may not have occurred if they were in a car or truck. Bike riders are more susceptible to injury from being cut off, tailed, or being hit when a vehicle changes lanes. Bikers even have to worry about getting "doored" wherein someone opens their door directly into the path of the rider.
- Bike riders are more impacted by road defects, like potholes or poorly maintained streets and freeways, and loose debris. One of these may not cause a problem for a car or truck, but a rider can get seriously injured.
- Unlike motorcyclists that ride with traffic on the streets and highways, and often where gear that is more prepared for an accident, a bike rider is often wearing regular everyday clothes, and in the spring and summer months may be in shorts, tank tops, and flip flops, and thus getting hit and knocked off the bike can cause severe injury to the hands, body, and face as the rider tries to protect themselves from the fall. They can suffer even worse injuries if they didn't see the collision coming.
Bicycle Accident Attorney: Common Concerns
When searching for a Tacoma bicycle accident lawyer, the most common question we get deals with costs. Questions like: "What do I have to pay upfront?" or "How much does a bicycle accident attorney cost?" We don't want you to have any of that stress, so we work on a Contingency fee. This means there are no up-front cost or fees to you. We only collect if we are able to settle the case or if we are victorious after a trial. If so, then we take a percentage of that amount.
Our fees are competitive and, in general, we don't accept more in fees than what the client would get after medical expenses are paid. We structured our business this way so that there is little to no risk to you and zero reason not to call and set up a free consultation. There is no upfront costs, so even if you decide we aren't the right law firm to represent you, we hope that you leave with more information to make the right decision for you.
If you've been injured in a bicycle accident, don't delay!
If you or a loved one was seriously injured or killed while riding their bike, you need to speak with an experienced bicycle injury lawyer today, before making a statement to any insurance company, providing a recorded statement, or signing anything. The at-fault insurance company does not have your back, they do not want to provide you with a fair settlement for your injuries. At South Sound Law Group, we offer no cost no obligations consultations with one of our Tacoma bicycle injury attorneys to make sure you understand all your options and what's the best decision for you moving forward, whether that is hiring our law firm or not. So what's the risk? Call today at 253-383-3328!